To ensure the efficient and cost-effective recovery of waste materials on-site a number of logistical criteria should ideally be met. These include:
- timing of the collection of recovered materials by scrap merchants/recycling contractors and/or operators from construction sites to coincide with
- a) construction operations and
- b) the availability of a significant volume and value of recovered material, so as to make collection and transportation costs economical
- sufficient space on site to carry out any necessary recovery and sorting operations
- sufficient facilities and space available to store the recovered materials
- provision of adequate loading facilities, and hard road access
- progression of any recycling/reuse initiative on-site through interaction with site operations
- establishing insurances for all involved parties since recovery initiatives may spark contractual problems between employees/contractors/landowners/agents etc.
Was this article helpful?
This book will surely change your life due to the fact that after reading this book and following through with the steps that are laid out for you in a clear and concise form you will be earning as much as several thousand extra dollars a month, as you can see by the cover of the book we will be discussing how you can make cash for what is considered trash by many people, these are items that have value to many people that can be sold and help people who need these items most.
Get My Free Ebook